SRCC boy plummets to death after tiff with lover
New Delhi: A B.Com. final year student of Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the balcony of his rented apartment in north Delhi`s Vijay Nagar on Saturday.
Hindustan Times reported that the deceased Abhishek Saikia, 21, had had a heated argument with his girlfriend who dropped by his residence on Saturday morning.
The report quoted police officials as saying that Abhishek pleaded with the girl (also a student of English Honours at SRCC) to stay, while she stormed away from his home.
Eyewitnesses claimed that Abhishek was leaning against the balcony railing as he called out to her. It was from here that he plummeted to death.
Abhishek was rushed to the Sushruta Trauma Center, but was declared brought dead.
Police was reported saying that prima facie it appeared like a case of suicide, but probe was on to investigate whether it could have been an accident.
Deceased`s family in Guwahati (Assam) had been informed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'