SRCC boy plummets to death after tiff with lover
New Delhi: A B.Com. final year student of Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the balcony of his rented apartment in north Delhi`s Vijay Nagar on Saturday.
Hindustan Times reported that the deceased Abhishek Saikia, 21, had had a heated argument with his girlfriend who dropped by his residence on Saturday morning.
The report quoted police officials as saying that Abhishek pleaded with the girl (also a student of English Honours at SRCC) to stay, while she stormed away from his home.
Eyewitnesses claimed that Abhishek was leaning against the balcony railing as he called out to her. It was from here that he plummeted to death.
Abhishek was rushed to the Sushruta Trauma Center, but was declared brought dead.
Police was reported saying that prima facie it appeared like a case of suicide, but probe was on to investigate whether it could have been an accident.
Deceased`s family in Guwahati (Assam) had been informed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez