Sreedharan takes Metro ride back home from office
New Delhi: As south Delhi got Metro connectivity today, India`s iconic `Metro Man` E Sreedharan could not resist taking a ride back home on the "new symbol of modern Delhi" which he created for over 15 years.
The 78-year-old Delhi Metro chief, who lives at the
Metro Enclave in Pushp Vihar in Saket in south Delhi, hopped
onto a Metro train from Rajiv Chowk station. After taking the Metro from Barakhamba Road, he deboarded at the Rajiv Chowk station, one of the busiest Metro stations in the capital, to take another train to travel to Saket station.
"He took the Metro from his office back home in Saket," a
DMRC spokesman said. However, the spokesman said he cannot comment when asked whether Sreedharan will take Metro everyday.
Some of the densely-populated areas of south Delhi like
Saket, Hauz Khas, Green Park and Malviya Nagar got Metro
connectivity today with the inauguration of the Central
Secretariat-Qutub Minar corridor of the Gurgaon line.
Earlier, inaugurating the line, Urban Development
Minister S Jaipal Reddy described Metro as the "proudest new
symbol of modern Delhi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic