Sreedharan to be discharged by middle of this week
New Delhi: DMRC Chief E Sreedharan is
responding well to treatment after a beating heart surgery and
will be discharged from hospital by the middle of this week,
doctors attending on him said Sunday.
Sreedharan (77) is recovering well from the cardiac
bypass surgery and there is a lot of improvement in his
health, a senior doctor, who was part of the medical team that
performed the operation, said.
He told a news agency that the DMRC Managing Director, who is
recuperating at the ICU of the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital,
will be discharged from the hospital by the middle of this
"His condition is stable and he is fine now. He is
responding very well to the treatment. He is under the
observation of a multidisciplinary team of doctors," he said.
Asked when Sreedharan will be discharged from the
hospital, the senior doctor said "He will be discharged from
the hospital by the middle of this week."
Sreedharan`s family -- wife and sons -- are being allowed
to meet him twice in a day -- in the morning and in the
evening, sources said.
Sreedharan was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday
after he complained of severe chest pain at the Delhi Airport,
from where he was to fly to Kolkata.
The decision to conduct a bypass surgery was taken
after doctors examined his condition.
His right coronary artery was 100 per cent blocked and
the left one had a blockage. Doctors at the hospital used four
grafts to bypass the blocked sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days