Sreedharan`s tenure extended by one year
New Delhi: Delhi Metro managing director E. Sreedharan is likely to get another year`s extension, but the official announcement will come later, official sources said Thursday.
The urban development ministry, in consultation with the Delhi government, has given the green light to extend Sreedharan`s tenure, they said.
"Officially we don`t have anything on the extension of Sreedharan but talks are going on," DMRC chief public relations officer Anuj Dayal said.
Sreedharan has been associated with DMRC for 13 years. He was to retire on Dec 31.
The sources said the government first offered a three-month extension to Sreedharan, who indicated he was not interested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends