Sri Ram Sene behind my assault: Prashant
New Delhi: Lawyer-activist Prashant Bhushan
on Wednesday accused right-wing group Sri Ram Sene of being
responsible for the assault on him and demanded a ban as well
as social boycott of the outfit.
"This is an organisation which needs to be socially
boycotted and perhaps banned by the government. Such an
organisation has no right to exist legally," Bhushan said
addressing a press conference.
"Sriram Sene is known for its goondaism and unprovoked
assault on unarmed people. This is their trademark which they
had showed in Bangalore when they beat up many boys and girls
outside some restaurants and pubs. They have been known to
beat up girls who wear skirts," he said.
Giving an account of the assault on him, he said a group
of three youths, one claiming to be the state chief of the
outfit, barged into his chamber and assaulted him with "fists
"They were shouting something about Kashmir but did not
bother to discuss anything with me," he said.
Bhushan said the youth who was arrested has been
identified as one Indervir who claims to be the state
president of Sri Ram Sene.
Asking supporters and well wishers not to resort to any
violence against members of the Sri Ram Sene, he said answer
to violence is not violence.
"There will be legal proceedings against these people.
One of them has been arrested...There should be legal
proceedings but certainly not violence against the members of
the organisation," he said.
Comparing the modus operandi of the outfit with that of
Hitler`s Germany, he said strong action should be taken
against such elements.
"In Hitler`s Germany, storm troopers go out and beat
anybody who do not agree with them. These kind of things
should be stopped," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam