Sri Sri Ravishankar to raise awareness on women`s safety
New Delhi: Spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravishankar on Sunday said his organisation would launch a series of helplines across the country for women in distress.
"We will be launching helplines across the country to help men and women facing domestic violence, addiction to alcohol and other issues so that they are not motivated to commit a crime," the Art of Living founder told reporters here.
Launching the `Volunteer for a Better India` programme here in collaboration with UNICEF and other UN bodies, he said the helplines would be used to provide counselling, medical help and legal aid for persons in distress.
Ravishanker said some of the main reasons behind crime in India were drinking alcohol, tension and intolerance which could only be eradicated by creating awareness among the youth.
"The programme will also see the launch of a legal-aid helpline which will provide legal awareness, advice and mediation service," he said.
Ravishankar said the programmes taken up by the organisation include sensitisation of students of 300 colleges across India on issues of safety of women, HIV, declining child sex ratio and corruption.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list