SSC to hold sub-inspectors recruitment exam
New Delhi: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will now conduct examinations for recruitment of sub inspectors in Delhi Police.
"On the request of Ministry of Home Affairs, it has been agreed that recruitment of sub-inspector in Delhi Police will also be undertaken by SSC," a statement issued by Department of Personnel and Training said here on Wednesday.
SSC conducts examination mainly for employees belonging to Group C and D category under various central government departments.
"The recruitment of sub-inspector in Delhi Police examination this year will be advertised on June 2 (tentative) and the written examination is scheduled on August 19," it said.
"There will be stages - written examination, physical endurance test and medical examination, and interview-cum- personality test," the release said.
There are total 335 vacancies, including 11 for females.
"The recruitment will be on all-India basis with the written examination, PET, medical examination and interview held at regional offices for the convenience of the candidates," the release said.
The Commission had on the instance of Ministry of Home Affairs started recruitment of sub-inspectors in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) a few years ago and recruitment of assistant sub-inspectors in Central Industrial Security Force in 2010. The recruitment of constables and Riflemen in CAPF has also been entrusted to SSC since 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP