SSC to hold sub-inspectors recruitment exam
New Delhi: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will now conduct examinations for recruitment of sub inspectors in Delhi Police.
"On the request of Ministry of Home Affairs, it has been agreed that recruitment of sub-inspector in Delhi Police will also be undertaken by SSC," a statement issued by Department of Personnel and Training said here on Wednesday.
SSC conducts examination mainly for employees belonging to Group C and D category under various central government departments.
"The recruitment of sub-inspector in Delhi Police examination this year will be advertised on June 2 (tentative) and the written examination is scheduled on August 19," it said.
"There will be stages - written examination, physical endurance test and medical examination, and interview-cum- personality test," the release said.
There are total 335 vacancies, including 11 for females.
"The recruitment will be on all-India basis with the written examination, PET, medical examination and interview held at regional offices for the convenience of the candidates," the release said.
The Commission had on the instance of Ministry of Home Affairs started recruitment of sub-inspectors in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) a few years ago and recruitment of assistant sub-inspectors in Central Industrial Security Force in 2010. The recruitment of constables and Riflemen in CAPF has also been entrusted to SSC since 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey