Stalker arrested for attacking girl`s parents
New Delhi: Police arrested a stalker on Tuesday, who barged into a house in Jyoti Nagar area in North East Delhi and shot at a property dealer and beat up his wife after their daughter spurned his advances.
22-year-old Pushpendra was arrested by Delhi Police from Uttar Pradesh`s Budaun district, police said.
Pushpendra, who was allegedly stalking the girl for four years, yesterday barged into her house and shot at her 52-year-old father with a country-made pistol and beat up her mother with a piece of wood.
The couple`s 20-year-old daughter was saved as she had locked herself up in a room.
The accused was spurned by the Jains` daughter whom he had been stalking since they broke up four years ago.
The family of the girl had changed addresses several times in recent years to escape their daughter`s alleged stalker. Recently, they had shifted from Balbir Nagar to Jyoti Nagar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket