‘States must ensure Wage Boards for Journalists’
New Delhi: The Centre on Monday put the onus of implementation of the Majithia Wage Boards for Journalists and Non-Journalists on state governments and asked them to see the recommendations are implemented by the media houses.
Winding up a short-duration discussion in the Lok Sabha on widespread discontent among the working class, Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge said state governments should become "stronger" to see that the labour laws were implemented as also the recommendations of the Majithia Wage Boards for journalists and non-journalists.
Kharge said the Centre has requested the state governments to set up committees to monitor that the recommendation of the Wage Boards is implemented.
He also requested the MPs to put pressure on the state governments to take steps to implement the recommendations of the Wage Boards. "We can monitor. We can request. We can write letters. State governments should become stronger," he said.
Earlier, Trinamool Congress member Kalyan Banerjee and RJD member Raghuvansh Prasad Singh raised the issue forcefully and demanded immediate implementation of the recommendations of the Wage Boards.
They said mediapersons have planned a nationwide agitation and Parliament `gherao` tomorrow for implementation of Majithia Wage Boards` recommendations that were notified on November 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH