‘States must ensure Wage Boards for Journalists’
New Delhi: The Centre on Monday put the onus of implementation of the Majithia Wage Boards for Journalists and Non-Journalists on state governments and asked them to see the recommendations are implemented by the media houses.
Winding up a short-duration discussion in the Lok Sabha on widespread discontent among the working class, Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge said state governments should become "stronger" to see that the labour laws were implemented as also the recommendations of the Majithia Wage Boards for journalists and non-journalists.
Kharge said the Centre has requested the state governments to set up committees to monitor that the recommendation of the Wage Boards is implemented.
He also requested the MPs to put pressure on the state governments to take steps to implement the recommendations of the Wage Boards. "We can monitor. We can request. We can write letters. State governments should become stronger," he said.
Earlier, Trinamool Congress member Kalyan Banerjee and RJD member Raghuvansh Prasad Singh raised the issue forcefully and demanded immediate implementation of the recommendations of the Wage Boards.
They said mediapersons have planned a nationwide agitation and Parliament `gherao` tomorrow for implementation of Majithia Wage Boards` recommendations that were notified on November 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video