Sting operation row: Court to consider AAP`s plea on March 19
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday fixed March 19 for recording statements of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) members on a criminal defamation complaint against the CEO of a news portal for releasing a "doctored" video allegedly showing some party candidates accepting funds through illegal means before the recently concluded assembly polls.
Metropolitan Magistrate Akash Jain fixed the matter for pre-summoning evidence on request of the complainants, AAP and its member Dinesh Mohania, who sought more time to prove their allegations that accused had defamed them by making a false and forged video.
"Complainant and his counsel request for giving a date for leading pre-summoning evidence (PSE) in the present matter in order to prove his allegations against the accused persons. On request, fix the matter for PSE on March 19, 2014," the court said.
Advocate V K Ohri, who appeared for complainants, alleged that the video of sting operation against the party has been forged and tampered with due to which charges under sections 464 (making a false document) and 469 (forgery for purpose of harming reputation) of the IPC are also made out.
On November 27, 2013 the magistrate had said that he would go through the plea first before proceeding ahead with the complaint case.
Ohri, on that day, had alleged that the doctored CD was shown on TV to defame the party and its candidates prior to the Delhi assembly polls.
He had also alleged that Congress and BJP does not want AAP to "gain momentum" before the upcoming polls and the media portal circulated the CD containing defamatory allegations against the party and its candidates.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way