Sting operation row: Court to consider AAP`s plea on March 19
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday fixed March 19 for recording statements of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) members on a criminal defamation complaint against the CEO of a news portal for releasing a "doctored" video allegedly showing some party candidates accepting funds through illegal means before the recently concluded assembly polls.
Metropolitan Magistrate Akash Jain fixed the matter for pre-summoning evidence on request of the complainants, AAP and its member Dinesh Mohania, who sought more time to prove their allegations that accused had defamed them by making a false and forged video.
"Complainant and his counsel request for giving a date for leading pre-summoning evidence (PSE) in the present matter in order to prove his allegations against the accused persons. On request, fix the matter for PSE on March 19, 2014," the court said.
Advocate V K Ohri, who appeared for complainants, alleged that the video of sting operation against the party has been forged and tampered with due to which charges under sections 464 (making a false document) and 469 (forgery for purpose of harming reputation) of the IPC are also made out.
On November 27, 2013 the magistrate had said that he would go through the plea first before proceeding ahead with the complaint case.
Ohri, on that day, had alleged that the doctored CD was shown on TV to defame the party and its candidates prior to the Delhi assembly polls.
He had also alleged that Congress and BJP does not want AAP to "gain momentum" before the upcoming polls and the media portal circulated the CD containing defamatory allegations against the party and its candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US