Stop serving of beef, pork in Sep 28 festival at JNU: Delhi BJP
New Delhi; Delhi BJP on Tuesday asked the Union and state governments and Jawaharlal Nehru University not to allow pork and beef, in the name of right to eat, during a festival at the varsity later this month.
"If beef is served by a group of students in the premises of JNU on September 28 then the consequences would be serious," Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta said in a statement.
An organisation named "JNU Foremention Committee for Beef and Pork Festival" -- which is a group of "Maoists and anti-national forces" has decided to serve beef and pork on September 28 at the JNU premises in the name of Right to Eat, he said, adding that the members of this organisation are connected with Maoists.
Gupta alleged that these people want to disturb law and order in Delhi through this festival and to provoke riot and create situations like in Assam.
"It is necessary to mention that in the last Parliament session, State Home Minister Jitender Singh had replied to a question in Rajya Sabha that out of nine districts in NTC Delhi, seven districts were affected by Maoists.
"In a confidential report of the Army Intelligence Bureau it is clearly warned that ISI, Anti-Indian Terrorists Organisation of Bangladesh, Maoists of Nepal and the active Maoists Organisation in India have jointly decided to capture power at the Centre by 2050," Gupta said.
In order to make their plan successful, these people are taking the help of higher educational institutions of India. The objectives of these dangerous organisations are to divide India in two parts. Under these plans they have expanded their organisations in many provinces, he added.
"Now they are planning to do something sensational in the capital of India, Delhi so that the entire world may be attracted towards them. One of their organisations was trying to brain wash the students by getting into their unions," Gupta alleged.
If these people succeed in their plan then peace will be disturbed in Delhi, he said, adding that the government and the University shall be responsible for it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'