Stop serving of beef, pork in Sep 28 festival at JNU: Delhi BJP
New Delhi; Delhi BJP on Tuesday asked the Union and state governments and Jawaharlal Nehru University not to allow pork and beef, in the name of right to eat, during a festival at the varsity later this month.
"If beef is served by a group of students in the premises of JNU on September 28 then the consequences would be serious," Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta said in a statement.
An organisation named "JNU Foremention Committee for Beef and Pork Festival" -- which is a group of "Maoists and anti-national forces" has decided to serve beef and pork on September 28 at the JNU premises in the name of Right to Eat, he said, adding that the members of this organisation are connected with Maoists.
Gupta alleged that these people want to disturb law and order in Delhi through this festival and to provoke riot and create situations like in Assam.
"It is necessary to mention that in the last Parliament session, State Home Minister Jitender Singh had replied to a question in Rajya Sabha that out of nine districts in NTC Delhi, seven districts were affected by Maoists.
"In a confidential report of the Army Intelligence Bureau it is clearly warned that ISI, Anti-Indian Terrorists Organisation of Bangladesh, Maoists of Nepal and the active Maoists Organisation in India have jointly decided to capture power at the Centre by 2050," Gupta said.
In order to make their plan successful, these people are taking the help of higher educational institutions of India. The objectives of these dangerous organisations are to divide India in two parts. Under these plans they have expanded their organisations in many provinces, he added.
"Now they are planning to do something sensational in the capital of India, Delhi so that the entire world may be attracted towards them. One of their organisations was trying to brain wash the students by getting into their unions," Gupta alleged.
If these people succeed in their plan then peace will be disturbed in Delhi, he said, adding that the government and the University shall be responsible for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015