Stop serving of beef, pork in Sep 28 festival at JNU: Delhi BJP
New Delhi; Delhi BJP on Tuesday asked the Union and state governments and Jawaharlal Nehru University not to allow pork and beef, in the name of right to eat, during a festival at the varsity later this month.
"If beef is served by a group of students in the premises of JNU on September 28 then the consequences would be serious," Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta said in a statement.
An organisation named "JNU Foremention Committee for Beef and Pork Festival" -- which is a group of "Maoists and anti-national forces" has decided to serve beef and pork on September 28 at the JNU premises in the name of Right to Eat, he said, adding that the members of this organisation are connected with Maoists.
Gupta alleged that these people want to disturb law and order in Delhi through this festival and to provoke riot and create situations like in Assam.
"It is necessary to mention that in the last Parliament session, State Home Minister Jitender Singh had replied to a question in Rajya Sabha that out of nine districts in NTC Delhi, seven districts were affected by Maoists.
"In a confidential report of the Army Intelligence Bureau it is clearly warned that ISI, Anti-Indian Terrorists Organisation of Bangladesh, Maoists of Nepal and the active Maoists Organisation in India have jointly decided to capture power at the Centre by 2050," Gupta said.
In order to make their plan successful, these people are taking the help of higher educational institutions of India. The objectives of these dangerous organisations are to divide India in two parts. Under these plans they have expanded their organisations in many provinces, he added.
"Now they are planning to do something sensational in the capital of India, Delhi so that the entire world may be attracted towards them. One of their organisations was trying to brain wash the students by getting into their unions," Gupta alleged.
If these people succeed in their plan then peace will be disturbed in Delhi, he said, adding that the government and the University shall be responsible for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister