Stormy start to Delhi Budget Session
New Delhi: The Budget Session of Delhi Assembly today got off to a stormy start with BJP MLAs vociferously raising the issue of scarcity of water and power in the city, forcing an adjournment.
As soon as the House assembled, Leader of Opposition V K Malhotra raised the issue demanding that an adjournment motion be discussed. Speaker Yoganand Shastri rejected the demand, leading to sloganeering by opposition MLAs.
BJP MLAs rose on their feet and displayed placards and criticised the government for failing to providing water and electricity to the citizens.
Some trooped to the well and started shouting slogans while MLA Subhash Sachdeva, wearing a robe with slogans written on it and head shaved, held a unique protest.
The Speaker asked marshals to take Sachdeva out of House temporarily and allowing him to enter after removing the robe.
As the Speaker`s plea to pacify the BJP MLAs did not fructify, the House was adjourned for half an hour.
Earlier in the day, number of BJP supporters staged a protest outside the Assembly on the same issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley