Stormy start to Delhi Budget Session
New Delhi: The Budget Session of Delhi Assembly today got off to a stormy start with BJP MLAs vociferously raising the issue of scarcity of water and power in the city, forcing an adjournment.
As soon as the House assembled, Leader of Opposition V K Malhotra raised the issue demanding that an adjournment motion be discussed. Speaker Yoganand Shastri rejected the demand, leading to sloganeering by opposition MLAs.
BJP MLAs rose on their feet and displayed placards and criticised the government for failing to providing water and electricity to the citizens.
Some trooped to the well and started shouting slogans while MLA Subhash Sachdeva, wearing a robe with slogans written on it and head shaved, held a unique protest.
The Speaker asked marshals to take Sachdeva out of House temporarily and allowing him to enter after removing the robe.
As the Speaker`s plea to pacify the BJP MLAs did not fructify, the House was adjourned for half an hour.
Earlier in the day, number of BJP supporters staged a protest outside the Assembly on the same issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...