Stormy start to second phase of Parliament`s Budget session
New Delhi: Parliament saw a stormy start to the second half of the Budget session on Monday with issues including coal scam, incidents of rape and alleged heckling of Mamata Banerjee rocking both Houses.
Lok Sabha could not transact any business except for introduction of two bills due to the uproar which led to repeated disruptions.
The House also witnessed uproar over "deteriorating" law and order in West Bengal and a demand for creation of separate Telangana, which led to two adjournments.
Rajya Sabha witnessed uproar as members hotly debated rules for taking up a motion for adjournment of Question Hour to discuss government`s alleged interference in preparing the CBI report on allocation of coal blocks.
While the Question Hour and Zero Hour were a casualty as the House saw heated arguments on holding a discussion on alleged interference in CBI functioning on the coalgate issue and putting the motion to vote in this regard.
After witnessing one adjournment in the morning, members of BJP, Left parties, Trinamool Congress, Samajwadi Party and TDP stormed the Well of the Lok Sabha shouting slogans on different issues.
Even Congress members belonging to Telangana region also trooped into the Well carrying placards to demand early creation of separate Telangana state.
In the din, Speaker Meira Kumar directed laying of papers and introduction of two bills -- on biodiversity regulatory authority and regional rural banks.
As the din continued, Shinde tabled two statements -- one on the rape incident in Delhi and the other on the recent Bangalore blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy