Student stabbed in eye
New Delhi: A 24-year-old Delhi University
student was stabbed in his eye by unknown persons while on his way to his hostel, police sources said Tuesday.
The incident was reported from Mukherjee Nagar last
night and the victim has been identified as Mayank Mani
Tripathi, a student of the Law Faculty. He is a resident of
Tripathi was returning to the hostel at around 9 pm
when some men picked up a fight with him and then stabbed him, sources said adding he may lose eye-sight.
His friends alleged that he was rushed to a hospital
but doctors refused to provide treatment saying that they need
police to register a case first, sources said.
Police was then informed and a medico-legal case was
Tripathi was shifted to Guru Nanak Eye Hospital where
he is undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi