Student stabbed in eye
New Delhi: A 24-year-old Delhi University
student was stabbed in his eye by unknown persons while on his way to his hostel, police sources said Tuesday.
The incident was reported from Mukherjee Nagar last
night and the victim has been identified as Mayank Mani
Tripathi, a student of the Law Faculty. He is a resident of
Tripathi was returning to the hostel at around 9 pm
when some men picked up a fight with him and then stabbed him, sources said adding he may lose eye-sight.
His friends alleged that he was rushed to a hospital
but doctors refused to provide treatment saying that they need
police to register a case first, sources said.
Police was then informed and a medico-legal case was
Tripathi was shifted to Guru Nanak Eye Hospital where
he is undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside
- Chris Klein, wife welcome first child