Student stages kidnap drama to extort Rs 20 lakh from parents
Noida: A 20-year-old boy, whose parents had refused to give him money to start his business, staged a kidnap drama to extort money from them. The news came to light when the police rescued him following extortion calls.
Amit Kumar, a resident of Ilahabans sector phase 2 in Noida, had left for coaching at 9.15 am on July 4 and was allegedly kidnapped, SSP Preetinder Singh said.
Amit had Rs 4,500 cash with him on the day he was kidnapped, the police official said.
Davinder, the uncle of Amit, in the complaint said that the family got call from kidnappers, who demanded a ransom of Rs 20 lakh.
Following which, a crime branch team led by a Deputy Superintendent of Police probed the matter and found Amit and his friend Navin Kumar at Tuglaqabad metro railway station in Badarpur Delhi area and brought them to Noida.
When questioned, Amit admitted that he had planned his own kidnapping through a friend to extract Rs 20 lakh from his parents, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'