Students clash at Jamia Millia University
New Delhi: Two persons were injured on Tuesday,
including one seriously, after violence broke out among two
groups of students at Jamia Millia Islamia university here.
According to police, two group of students clashed
outside a hostel, causing serious injuries to a student
and injuring another.
The commotion began after a student had an argument
earlier with another one in the university`s main library over
a minor issue. The two threatened each other with dire
consequences after they left the library, police said.
"The accused, accompanied by a group of armed students,
arrived outside the victim`s hostel and asked him to come out,
following which they clashed. The condition of one student is
said to be critical, while another student sustained minor
injuries," a police official said.
A case was registered in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city