Students protest Delhi college`s high cut-off
New Delhi: Holding placards and raising slogans, many Delhi University (DU) students led by a students outfit with political affiliation protested the high cut-offs announced by Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC).
The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) affiliated to the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh marched from the arts faculty to the college but were not allowed to meet its principal, said an ABVP spokesperson.
In its first cut-off list June 15, SRCC fixed the cut-off for the B Com (Honours) course at 100 percent for aspirants from non-commerce streams.
"There were around a hundred of us and we wanted to meet the principal but he did not bother to meet us. The high cut-offs are discouraging the students," ABVP spokesperson Rohit Chahal told a news agency.
"We fear that other colleges will follow suit the next time, making the admission process an absolute harassment for students and their parents," he added.
According to Chahal, the university should first have enough colleges to support the high number of applicants.
"Students are not getting admissions easily and on top of it, the cut-offs are so high," added Chahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?