Students protest Delhi college`s high cut-off
New Delhi: Holding placards and raising slogans, many Delhi University (DU) students led by a students outfit with political affiliation protested the high cut-offs announced by Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC).
The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) affiliated to the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh marched from the arts faculty to the college but were not allowed to meet its principal, said an ABVP spokesperson.
In its first cut-off list June 15, SRCC fixed the cut-off for the B Com (Honours) course at 100 percent for aspirants from non-commerce streams.
"There were around a hundred of us and we wanted to meet the principal but he did not bother to meet us. The high cut-offs are discouraging the students," ABVP spokesperson Rohit Chahal told a news agency.
"We fear that other colleges will follow suit the next time, making the admission process an absolute harassment for students and their parents," he added.
According to Chahal, the university should first have enough colleges to support the high number of applicants.
"Students are not getting admissions easily and on top of it, the cut-offs are so high," added Chahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof