Students protest fee hike, pelt stones
Greater Noida: Students of Amichand Inter College at Kasna on Wednesday protested the fee hike and pelted stones at the college premises.
Senior police officers pacified them after which they dispersed.
The students told the police that the college has more than double the fee this year and is demanding Rs 1500.
They alleged that last year too college had collected Rs 610 towards building fund and the college management promised to reduce the fee by Rs 300 and charge only Rs 1200.
District Inspector of Schools was informed by the police who promised action against the college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls