Students protest fee hike, pelt stones
Greater Noida: Students of Amichand Inter College at Kasna on Wednesday protested the fee hike and pelted stones at the college premises.
Senior police officers pacified them after which they dispersed.
The students told the police that the college has more than double the fee this year and is demanding Rs 1500.
They alleged that last year too college had collected Rs 610 towards building fund and the college management promised to reduce the fee by Rs 300 and charge only Rs 1200.
District Inspector of Schools was informed by the police who promised action against the college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert