Student`s suicide: Delhi Police to question friend`s father
New Delhi: Delhi Police will question the man, who scolded a 17-year-old student for being friends with his daughter, leading to the teenager committing suicide, an official said Monday.
"The victim`s family has registered a complaint against the girl`s father, alleging that his behaviour incited the teenager to commit suicide. We will interrogate the girl`s father today (Monday)," a police officer told reporters.
"We are waiting for the post-mortem report. We are investigating the case with the complaint from the victim`s side," he said.
Samarath Gupta, a student of Class 12, was found dead in his room Sunday. Gupta apparently took the extreme step after the father of a girl he was friends with reprimanded him over their friendship.
The girl`s father told Gupta to concentrate on his studies and threatened to stop the friendship.
One of Gupta`s friend claimed that the teenager was depressed since he was scolded by the girl`s father and told some of his friends that he wanted to end his life.
"No suicide note was recovered from the spot. Investigations are on," the police officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack