Student`s suicide: Delhi Police to question friend`s father
New Delhi: Delhi Police will question the man, who scolded a 17-year-old student for being friends with his daughter, leading to the teenager committing suicide, an official said Monday.
"The victim`s family has registered a complaint against the girl`s father, alleging that his behaviour incited the teenager to commit suicide. We will interrogate the girl`s father today (Monday)," a police officer told reporters.
"We are waiting for the post-mortem report. We are investigating the case with the complaint from the victim`s side," he said.
Samarath Gupta, a student of Class 12, was found dead in his room Sunday. Gupta apparently took the extreme step after the father of a girl he was friends with reprimanded him over their friendship.
The girl`s father told Gupta to concentrate on his studies and threatened to stop the friendship.
One of Gupta`s friend claimed that the teenager was depressed since he was scolded by the girl`s father and told some of his friends that he wanted to end his life.
"No suicide note was recovered from the spot. Investigations are on," the police officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice