Student`s suicide: Delhi Police to question friend`s father
New Delhi: Delhi Police will question the man, who scolded a 17-year-old student for being friends with his daughter, leading to the teenager committing suicide, an official said Monday.
"The victim`s family has registered a complaint against the girl`s father, alleging that his behaviour incited the teenager to commit suicide. We will interrogate the girl`s father today (Monday)," a police officer told reporters.
"We are waiting for the post-mortem report. We are investigating the case with the complaint from the victim`s side," he said.
Samarath Gupta, a student of Class 12, was found dead in his room Sunday. Gupta apparently took the extreme step after the father of a girl he was friends with reprimanded him over their friendship.
The girl`s father told Gupta to concentrate on his studies and threatened to stop the friendship.
One of Gupta`s friend claimed that the teenager was depressed since he was scolded by the girl`s father and told some of his friends that he wanted to end his life.
"No suicide note was recovered from the spot. Investigations are on," the police officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city