Student`s suicide: Delhi Police to question friend`s father
New Delhi: Delhi Police will question the man, who scolded a 17-year-old student for being friends with his daughter, leading to the teenager committing suicide, an official said Monday.
"The victim`s family has registered a complaint against the girl`s father, alleging that his behaviour incited the teenager to commit suicide. We will interrogate the girl`s father today (Monday)," a police officer told reporters.
"We are waiting for the post-mortem report. We are investigating the case with the complaint from the victim`s side," he said.
Samarath Gupta, a student of Class 12, was found dead in his room Sunday. Gupta apparently took the extreme step after the father of a girl he was friends with reprimanded him over their friendship.
The girl`s father told Gupta to concentrate on his studies and threatened to stop the friendship.
One of Gupta`s friend claimed that the teenager was depressed since he was scolded by the girl`s father and told some of his friends that he wanted to end his life.
"No suicide note was recovered from the spot. Investigations are on," the police officer added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'