Stunt biker case: Mother to meet Delhi Police chief today
New Delhi: Mother of 19-year-old Karan Pandey, who was allegedly shot dead by an inspector last year, will meet Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi on Saturday to seek action against the officer.
The move comes in the wake of a magisterial inquiry into the said incident revealing contradictions in the police`s version of events.
The police had said that Pandey, who was sitting pillion with his friend, was part of a biker gang which turned rowdy and pelted stones at the PCR van on the intervening night of July 27 last year, following which PCR inspector Rajneesh Parmar fired a bullet which accidentally hit Pandey.
However, the report by the district magistrate have termed the police version as "highly doubtful" and said that police used "unnecessary force".
"The District Magistrate`s report proves my son was innocent. This is a clear case of misuse of power by police inspectors. I hope they will take the magistrate`s report under consideration. I am going to meet the police commissioner tomorrow," Karan`s mother Manju Pandey said.
We will also take up the matter with Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, she said.
Buoyed by the findings of the inquiry, the mother said, "Why is there no CCTV footage to prove that stones were pelted on the van? The PCR van was in a proper condition when my son was brought to hospital."
Speaking to reporters here today, Joint Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) Mukesh Kumar Meena said that the police is yet to receive the copy of the report.
"We have not received the inquiry report yet. As soon as it is received, we shall examine it and would be able to comment on it only after that," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you