Suicide note important piece of evidence: Court
New Delhi: Holding a suicide note to be an important piece of evidence, a Delhi court has ordered framing of charges against two Delhi Police personnel for abetting the suicide of a vegetable vendor over a money matter.
"Suicide note is an important, may be the most importance piece of evidence," the court said in its order while citing from a Supreme Court judgement.
Additional sessions judge Surinder S Rathi said a prima facie case was made out for framing of charges under section 306 (abetment of suicide) against sub-inspector Ram Kishan, head constable Chandehass and co-accused Raju Sharma.
The prosecution case was that on September 8, 2006 police received an information a man (Tilak Raj) has lost his arm at Shakur Basti Railway Station.
He was rushed to hospital and was found carrying a suicide note stating that he had borrowed some money from accused Raju Sharma which he had returned back but he was pressurising him for repayment of the money with the help of two police officials namely Ram Kishan and Chandehass.
The note also said that the trio be held responsible for his death. Raj, a vegetable vendor, had borrowed Rs 2.5 lakh from Sharma in year 2003 and handed over the original documents of his flat to Sharma as security.
Ram Kishan and Chanderhass were Sharma`s family friends and were aware of the money transaction. Raj`s widow Renu Bala told the court that the loan was taken by her husband from all the three accused cumulatively.
She has also claimed that despite paying back Rs 3 lakh, the two police officials in tandem with Sharma used to harass them and threaten them to demand more money.
She said they had to flee from Delhi for eight months due to continuous harassment at the hands of the trio and even made a complaint to National Human Rights Commission in 2004
"Deceased was a poor vegetable vendor and he could not resist the threats extended by the accused persons which prima facie pushed him and instigated him to take his own life," the
court said and added the material available on record was sufficient at this juncture to prima facie make out the case of framing of charge against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?