`Suitcase robber`, associate arrested in New Delhi
New Delhi: A proclaimed offender, notoriously famous as `suitcase robber`, and his associate have been arrested, police said on Monday.
"Nazim, resident of Jakir Nagar and Nadeem alias Tosif alias Rahul, resident of Loni in Ghaziabad, were arrested on specific input from near Kashmiri Gate metro station," a senior police official said.
During interrogation, Nazim said he came to Delhi to evade arrest by the Uttar Pradesh police as he was declared as a history sheeter in Bijnaur. After fleeing from there, he formed a gang.
"Nazim and Nadeem used to target businessmen and would board the same autorickshaw posing as passengers which their victims hired from the railway station or ISBT. They used to rob them of their money at a deserted place or flee with their suitcases," the official said, adding Nazim was involved in several cases of theft, burglary, robbery and assault on the police party.
He was evading arrest by the Bijnaur police and was also declared PO by a Tis Hazari court in 2007.
Nadeem also confessed his involvement 22 cases including theft, Arms Act, NDPS Act and preparation of dacoity and was declared PO by a Karkardooma court in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider