Sultry day, evening rain in Delhi
New Delhi: It was a hot and humid Wednesday for Delhi with rain in the evening.
The day remained partly cloudy with the maximum temperature touching 34.5 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the year.
Rainfall in the evening, however, caused traffic snarls as several arterial roads connecting key areas got choked.
"I got stuck on the Mehrauli road with the rain starting as soon as I left office," said Shweta of south Delhi.
The minimum temperature early Wednesday was recorded at 25.3 degrees Celsius, a notch above average.
Humidity swayed between a minimum of 59 percent and maximum of 84 percent.
Similar weather is expected Thursday with the India Meteorological Department forecasting chances of light rain. The maximum and minimum temperature Thursday is expected to be around 35 and 25 degrees Celsius, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter