Sultry day for Delhiites as rains play hide and seek
New Delhi: It was a sultry day for Delhiites on Tuesday with mercury rising above normal and monsoon rains eluding the capital during daytime.
However, the weatherman has predicted more rains in the coming days.
The capital did receive overnight rains and the rain guages measured 4.7 mm between 5:30 PM and 8:30 AM today while it received 0.6 mm of showers during the day yesterday.
The maximum was recorded at 36.2 degree Celsius, one degree above normal and up from yesterday`s 33.9 degrees, while the minimum has came down to 26.6 degrees, normal for this time of the year, from 28 degree Celsius.
The humidity oscillated between 58 and 91 per cent.
Monsoon hit the capital on Friday evening, after missing the normal onset date of June 29. Last year, monsoon reached the city on June 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India