Sultry day for Delhiites as rains play hide and seek
New Delhi: It was a sultry day for Delhiites on Tuesday with mercury rising above normal and monsoon rains eluding the capital during daytime.
However, the weatherman has predicted more rains in the coming days.
The capital did receive overnight rains and the rain guages measured 4.7 mm between 5:30 PM and 8:30 AM today while it received 0.6 mm of showers during the day yesterday.
The maximum was recorded at 36.2 degree Celsius, one degree above normal and up from yesterday`s 33.9 degrees, while the minimum has came down to 26.6 degrees, normal for this time of the year, from 28 degree Celsius.
The humidity oscillated between 58 and 91 per cent.
Monsoon hit the capital on Friday evening, after missing the normal onset date of June 29. Last year, monsoon reached the city on June 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!