Sultry day for Delhiites as rains play hide and seek
New Delhi: It was a sultry day for Delhiites on Tuesday with mercury rising above normal and monsoon rains eluding the capital during daytime.
However, the weatherman has predicted more rains in the coming days.
The capital did receive overnight rains and the rain guages measured 4.7 mm between 5:30 PM and 8:30 AM today while it received 0.6 mm of showers during the day yesterday.
The maximum was recorded at 36.2 degree Celsius, one degree above normal and up from yesterday`s 33.9 degrees, while the minimum has came down to 26.6 degrees, normal for this time of the year, from 28 degree Celsius.
The humidity oscillated between 58 and 91 per cent.
Monsoon hit the capital on Friday evening, after missing the normal onset date of June 29. Last year, monsoon reached the city on June 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SIT arrests Ex-BSEB secretary for 'involvement' in Intermediate toppers scam
- Wimbledon is Roger Federer's best chance but Novak Djokovic is the man to beat: Boris Becker
- Would-be suicide bombers target mosque in Nigeria
- Malaysian PM reshuffles cabinet amid speculation of snap poll
- Chinese Asst Minister terms border dispute and 'some other issues' as major challenges for Sino-Indian bilateral ties