Sultry day for Delhiites as rains play hide and seek
New Delhi: It was a sultry day for Delhiites on Tuesday with mercury rising above normal and monsoon rains eluding the capital during daytime.
However, the weatherman has predicted more rains in the coming days.
The capital did receive overnight rains and the rain guages measured 4.7 mm between 5:30 PM and 8:30 AM today while it received 0.6 mm of showers during the day yesterday.
The maximum was recorded at 36.2 degree Celsius, one degree above normal and up from yesterday`s 33.9 degrees, while the minimum has came down to 26.6 degrees, normal for this time of the year, from 28 degree Celsius.
The humidity oscillated between 58 and 91 per cent.
Monsoon hit the capital on Friday evening, after missing the normal onset date of June 29. Last year, monsoon reached the city on June 26.
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?
- F-16s right platform for Pakistan's counter terrorism war: US
- In fight against impeachment, Brazil President Dilma Rousseff tries to win left support
- Uttarakhand forest fire: IAF's chopper MI-17 takes off from Nainital to drop water in affected areas - WATCH