Sultry day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday
New Delhi: While some parts of the capital received light rains Saturday, the weather remained sunny and sultry elsewhere and the maximum temperature settled three notches above average at 36.1 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast light showers Sunday.
The city received a total of 0.6 mm of rainfall from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
"The skies will be cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and light rains may occur in some parts of the city," said an official of the India Metrological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 36 and 27 degrees Celsius.
Saturday`s minimum temperature was a notch above average at 27.4 degrees Celsius while the maximum humidity settled at 83 percent.
Since the onset of the monsoon in June, the city has recorded 460 mm of rain.
Friday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 36 degrees, while the minimum temperature settled at 27.5 degrees Celsius, a notch above the season`s average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer