Sultry day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday
New Delhi: While some parts of the capital received light rains Saturday, the weather remained sunny and sultry elsewhere and the maximum temperature settled three notches above average at 36.1 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast light showers Sunday.
The city received a total of 0.6 mm of rainfall from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
"The skies will be cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and light rains may occur in some parts of the city," said an official of the India Metrological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 36 and 27 degrees Celsius.
Saturday`s minimum temperature was a notch above average at 27.4 degrees Celsius while the maximum humidity settled at 83 percent.
Since the onset of the monsoon in June, the city has recorded 460 mm of rain.
Friday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 36 degrees, while the minimum temperature settled at 27.5 degrees Celsius, a notch above the season`s average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH