Sultry day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday
New Delhi: While some parts of the capital received light rains Saturday, the weather remained sunny and sultry elsewhere and the maximum temperature settled three notches above average at 36.1 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast light showers Sunday.
The city received a total of 0.6 mm of rainfall from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
"The skies will be cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and light rains may occur in some parts of the city," said an official of the India Metrological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 36 and 27 degrees Celsius.
Saturday`s minimum temperature was a notch above average at 27.4 degrees Celsius while the maximum humidity settled at 83 percent.
Since the onset of the monsoon in June, the city has recorded 460 mm of rain.
Friday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 36 degrees, while the minimum temperature settled at 27.5 degrees Celsius, a notch above the season`s average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened