Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: It was a sunny yet sultry morning in the capital on Sunday with the minimum temperature settling a notch above the season`s average at 26.2 degrees Celsius. The met department has forecast light rainfall later in the day.
"Sky would be partly cloudy. Thunder development or light rainfall is likely in some areas of the city," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum temperature will stay around 35 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity at 8.30 am stood at 82 percent.
The national capital has received 498 mm of rain this monsoon, 14 percent less than the average, said the IMD official.
The monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till Sep 20.
Saturday`s maximum and minimum temperature were both a notch above the average at 34.9 and 24.9 degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!