Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: It was a sunny yet sultry morning in the capital on Sunday with the minimum temperature settling a notch above the season`s average at 26.2 degrees Celsius. The met department has forecast light rainfall later in the day.
"Sky would be partly cloudy. Thunder development or light rainfall is likely in some areas of the city," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum temperature will stay around 35 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity at 8.30 am stood at 82 percent.
The national capital has received 498 mm of rain this monsoon, 14 percent less than the average, said the IMD official.
The monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till Sep 20.
Saturday`s maximum and minimum temperature were both a notch above the average at 34.9 and 24.9 degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Attacks on African nationals: MOS VK Singh calls them 'minor scuffle', stokes controversy
- Fact alert! Anushka Sharma performed her own stunts in Salman Khan's 'Sultan'
- LinkedIn notifies massive data breach, millions of passwords may have been leaked
- Karan Johar is keen to watch THIS Bollywood release! Any guesses?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls