Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: It was a warm and sultry morning in the capital on Wednesday with the minimum temperature settling two notches above average for the season at 27.3 degrees Celsius. The weather department has forecast light showers towards the evening.
"The skies will remain partly cloudy, light rain could occur in some areas towards evening or night," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 35 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity levels recorded at 8.30 am was 81 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital received a total rainfall of only 498 mm this monsoon -- 16 percent less than the average for the season.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till September 20.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature was a notch above the average at 35.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above the season`s average at 27.8 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you