Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: It was a warm and sultry morning in the capital on Wednesday with the minimum temperature settling two notches above average for the season at 27.3 degrees Celsius. The weather department has forecast light showers towards the evening.
"The skies will remain partly cloudy, light rain could occur in some areas towards evening or night," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 35 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity levels recorded at 8.30 am was 81 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital received a total rainfall of only 498 mm this monsoon -- 16 percent less than the average for the season.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till September 20.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature was a notch above the average at 35.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above the season`s average at 27.8 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf