Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: It was a warm and sultry morning in the capital on Wednesday with the minimum temperature settling two notches above average for the season at 27.3 degrees Celsius. The weather department has forecast light showers towards the evening.
"The skies will remain partly cloudy, light rain could occur in some areas towards evening or night," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 35 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity levels recorded at 8.30 am was 81 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital received a total rainfall of only 498 mm this monsoon -- 16 percent less than the average for the season.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till September 20.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature was a notch above the average at 35.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above the season`s average at 27.8 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today