Sultry weather conditions in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites continued to witness yet another hot and humid day on Thursday with rains evading the city and temperature and humidity level remaining high.
The maximum temperatures today remained a notch above normal at 35.1 degrees Celsius while minimum was a degree Celsius below from normal at 25.7, the Met Department said, adding there were no rains witnessed in the national capital.
Today, the humidity level oscillated between 57 and 80 percent.
Met department has predicted a generally cloudy sky for tomorrow with possibility of very light rains or thundershowers in some areas. The maximum and minimum is likely to remain 35 and 26 degrees Celsius.
It also said that Delhi and neighbouring region may witness a spell of light rain during the next 48 hours "after which the weather will be mainly dry and the cloud cover will also decrease considerably."
The day temperature is likely to increase by two to three degrees Celsius and may reach 36-37 degrees Celsius during the first week of September, a senior Met official said, adding the first prolonged dry spell of current monsoon season over Northwest India would be observed during this period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui