Summer vacation of Delhi schools extended
New Delhi: In view of the prevailing heat wave in the capital, the Delhi government on Sunday extended the summer vacation of city schools by one more week.
All government schools and majority of private schools were scheduled to reopen tomorrow but now they will reopen on July 9.
"We have decided to extend the summer vacation by one week and schools will reopen on July 9 instead of tomorrow," Delhi Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said.
The vacations had started on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation