Summer vacation of Delhi schools extended
New Delhi: In view of the prevailing heat wave in the capital, the Delhi government on Sunday extended the summer vacation of city schools by one more week.
All government schools and majority of private schools were scheduled to reopen tomorrow but now they will reopen on July 9.
"We have decided to extend the summer vacation by one week and schools will reopen on July 9 instead of tomorrow," Delhi Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said.
The vacations had started on May 12.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump