Summer vacation of Delhi schools extended
New Delhi: In view of the prevailing heat wave in the capital, the Delhi government on Sunday extended the summer vacation of city schools by one more week.
All government schools and majority of private schools were scheduled to reopen tomorrow but now they will reopen on July 9.
"We have decided to extend the summer vacation by one week and schools will reopen on July 9 instead of tomorrow," Delhi Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said.
The vacations had started on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!