Summon PC as witness: Yashwant Sinha to JPC chief
New Delhi: With A Raja dragging Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and P Chidambaram in the 2G case, BJP
leader Yashwant Sinha has asked JPC chairman PC Chacko to
summon the Home Minister as a witness before the committee.
Several other members of the Joint Parliamentary
Committee have written to Chacko with requests to make various
former Finance Ministers as witness before the panel looking
into the 2G scam.
Besides former Finance Ministers, at least four
members have suggested that RBI Governor and former Finance
Secretary D Subbarao be made a witness.
Sinha wrote to Chacko yesterday requesting him to
include the name of Chidambaram as a witness.
"I am collecting all the letters and the Committee
will take a decision by consensus on whom to be called...the
politicians which include former Telecom Ministers and former
Finance Ministers will appear before the Committee at the
end," Chacko told reporters after the JPC meeting.
Arguing that sale of equity was not sale of licence,
Raja`s counsel had told a court earlier this week that the DMK
MP cannot be accused of corruption in the controversial 2G
"The matter (about sale of equity by spectrum
licensees) was discussed between the Prime Minister and the
then Finance Minister (P Chidambaram). The then Finance
Minister who is now Home Minister had said in front of the
Prime Minister that dilution of shares does not amount to sale
of 2G licence as per the corporate law," his counsel had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?