Sunny morning in Delhi, rains expected
New Delhi: The week started on a sunny note Monday with the minimum temperature settling a notch above average at 27.5 degree Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains in the evening.
"Light rain is expected in parts of the city. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 37 degree Celsius," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 79 percent.
According to the Met department, the capital so far has a rainfall deficit of 43 percent.
"This season has seen a 43 percent deficit in rainfall in the capital. Countrywide, there`s a 23 percent deficit but we expect that the rains will pick up in a few days," the IMD official told a news agency.
According to IMD, normal rainfall expected till July 15 is 153.8 mm, while this year, the capital has received only 87.6 mm rainfall so far. Some deficit could be attributed to the delayed onset of monsoon which arrived a week later than expected this year.
Sunday`s maximum temperature settled three notches above at 37 degree Celsius, while the minimum temperature rose a notch above average at 28 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack