Sunny morning in Delhi, rains likely
New Delhi: It was a warm and sunny start to the week for Delhiites with the minimum temperature on Monday morning settling two notches above average at 27.1 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast light rains later in the day.
"The skies will be partly cloudy and there is a possibility of light rains towards evening," said an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD). Humidity stood at 88 percent.
"The maximum temperatures is expected to hover around 35 degrees Celsius," the IMD official said.
The city has so far received 575.1 mm of rainfall this monsoon, three percent below average.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was 34.6 degrees while the minimum settled at 26.6 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16