Sunny morning in Delhi, showers expected
New Delhi: It was a sunny Monday morning in the capital with the minimum temperature settling at 25.6 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of the season. The weather office has forecast rains towards the evening.
"The skies will remain cloudy today (Monday) with possibility of thundershowers later in the day," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 32 degrees Celsius, added the official.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am stood at a whopping 86 percent.
From Sunday evening 5.30 pm till 8.30 am. Monday, the city recorded 2.5 mm rainfall.
According to the IMD, the capital has received a total rainfall of 491.6 mm this monsoon -- 10 percent less than the average for the season.
The monsoon is expected to last till Sep 20.
Saturday`s maximum temperature was a notch above the average at 34.9 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above the season`s average at 28 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145