Supporters of Congress MP, RJD MLA clash in Delhi
New Delhi: A scuffle broke out between
supporters of Rajya Sabha MP Pervez Hashmi and RJD MLA Asif
Mohammmed in a south-east Delhi locality with one of the
groups pelting stones at a police station leading police
personnel to fire in the air.
The incident was reported from Jamia Nagar area last
night and the reason for the clash between supporters of
Hashmi and Mohammed is yet to be ascertained, police said.
According to sources, police fired in the air when one
of the groups allegedly pelted stone at the Jamia Nagar police
Hashmi is a Congress Rajya Sabha MP, while Mohammed is
an MLA from Okhla constituency where Jamia Nagar is located.
Hashmi, the former MLA from Okhla, is said to have a
considerable influence in the area.
Mohammed won the by-election to Okhla constituency
after Hashmi resigned from the seat following his nomination
to the Rajya Sabha.
Police personnel have been deployed at the Jamia Nagar
locality and security stepped up at the New Friends colony
residence of Hashmi.
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey
- Lifestyle, self-care, diet tips to deal with asthma!
- Rayudu vs Harbhajan, Kohli vs Gambhir – Watch the biggest fights from the Indian Premier League
- Diesel taxi ban in Delhi: 140 drivers booked
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC asks Centre to think about floor test, adjourns hearing till tomorrow