Surat CCTV model to be replicated in two areas of Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday said it has identified two areas, one each in South and North, where a `Business Area Watch Scheme` on the lines of Surat CCTV surveillance network will be launched.
"Riding on the Surat model, a `Business Area Watch Scheme` has been decided upon and Dariba Kalan in North Delhi and Greater Kailash-I in South Delhi have been identified as pilot areas. A Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) has been drawn up already to ensure uniformity in implementation," an official statement said today.
The clarification came after reports had suggested that the CCTV surveillance system of Surat cannot be replicated in Delhi.
According to the police, a Delhi Police team which had recently visited Surat to study the city`s surveillance system has made a presentation before the Lieutenant Governor Najeeb on the aspects of the Surat PPP model which can be replicated and sustainably assimilated into the existing and planned CCTV network in Delhi.
Consequently an intensive exercise has already been started by the Delhi Police to identify suitable areas where there is a scope for expansion of the existing CCTV network under the PPP model of Surat, which is a new paradigm in community policing.
Besides expansion of the existing network, improving maintenance, networking and bandwidth are also identified as areas where the public can become active stakeholders for ensuring enhanced security for themselves and their businesses, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj