Surgeons in Delhi hit `goldmine`; find 12 gold bars in patient`s guts
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Surgeons in Delhi unexpectedly struck gold finding 12 small gold bars inside a 63-year-old businessman when he was being operated after having complained of pain in his gut.
The man had swallow 12 gold bars each weighing 33 grams in Singapore and smuggled them to India on March 28.
But his plan failed as he couldn`t recover the bullion which had lodged in his small intestine despite drinking lots of water and taking laxatives.
After the pain grew, he requested the doctors of Sir Ganga Ram hospital here for surgery, saying that he had accidentally swallowed a bottle cap and it was hurting him a lot. He was taken for surgery after his X-rays confirmed that there was some metal present in his small intestine.
The doctors who operated on him said that the businessman didn`t eat anything for 10 days in an attempt to recover the gold.
After recovering the gold bars, doctors informed the customs official who impounded the bullion which estimated over Rs 12 lakhs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged