Survey of Delhi slum areas to provide basic services
New Delhi: Delhi Government will soon launch
a survey to prepare a comprehensive data base of slum dwellers
in the city so that they could be provided basic services.
The survey, being carried out as per directions issued by
the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation,
will include slum profile, poverty profile and livelihood
profile in respect of slum clusters spread over nine districts
in the capital, officials said.
"The data base will help us to ensure basic services like
housing and other facilities to the slum dwellers," they said
adding that funds will be provided by the Centre under the
Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia said the survey will
cover various aspects including socio-economic condition of
the slum dwellers.
He said Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
has developed a detailed questionnaire for the survey.
Walia expressed the hope that the survey would help the
city Government to make its slum development programmes more
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan