Surveys in favour of AAP government in Delhi: Manish Sisodia
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As a survey indicated that Delhiites want the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) to align with Congress and form a government in Delhi, AAP leader Manish Sisodia on Friday said the final decision on the matter will be taken on December 23.
Sisodia, who won form the Patparganj constituency in the Delhi Assembly elections said that surveys are saying that people want AAP to form the government in the national capital, however, the final decision will be taken on Monday.
The party is still holding meetings and its own survey is on and only after that AAP will take a decision.
Sisodia’s reaction comes after ABP News-Nielsen survey indicated that 80 percent of local voters in Delhi want AAP to from government.
AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal in an interview to a leading newspaper said that there is overwhelming support and pressure from people to form the next government with the backing of the Congress.
The AAP on Tuesday said it will take a final decision on government formation Dec 23, after seeking public opinion in the capital until the weekend.
Kejriwal had said it would seek a "yes" or "no" from the people following a split verdict that has given no political party enough seats in the 70-member assembly to take power on its own.
Over 5 lakh replies have been received, till Thursday evening, from the people of the capital and outside on the AAP poser whether it should form a government in Delhi with Congress support, said a party member.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which ended as the single largest party with 31 seats in the 70-member house, declined to form a government. The AAP, with 28 seats, was invited next but sought time to give its reply.
The routed Congress, left with just eight seats, offered outside support to the AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter