Suspect in Delhi HC blast injured?
New Delhi: Police is investigating whether a
man who is suspected to have planted the bomb at the Delhi
High Court was injured in the explosion that killed at least
11 people and left more than 70 wounded.
Sources said some eye-witnesses have told them that a man
clad in a white shirt and carrying a briefcase was seen in
queue infront of Reception of High Court complex on Shershah
Road just before the explosion.
Investigators said they were yet to ascertain whether
there was a timer in the device.
"It may be possible that the bomb planter could not
escape from the spot before the explosion took place. If there
was a timer, he could have ample time. There is also a
possibility that the suspect could not manage to escape from
the spot," a senior police official said.
Mahender, an eye-witness who had come to the High Court
for a hearing, claimed, "one person clad in a white shirt came
with a briefcase and stood in the queue after which a bomb
exploded within seconds."
"People were standing in the line to get their passes to
enter the court premises. I did not know the process to get
into the complex as this is the first time I was coming for a
hearing at the High Court," he said.
"When I was standing in the line along with my friend,
one person came in a white shirt with a briefcase in his hand
and within seconds there was a blast. I could not see
anything," Mahender said.
He said he sat on the floor after the blast took place
only to see the person who was accompanying him was injured.
"I asked him to go out and a policeman came and helped
us immediately. Police reached the spot within minutes and
helped people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam