Suspected criminal shot dead, 4 injured in Delhi shootout
New Delhi: An alleged criminal was shot dead while four others of a gang were injured early Saturday morning in a shootout with police in outer Delhi.
The incident took place near Peetampura at around 2 am in which one policeman also suffered bullet injuries.
A senior police official said they had information about 7-8 criminals from Haryana`s Mewat region moving in outer Delhi in a mini-truck.
"They were moving towards Peetampura from Rohini. We intercepted them near Peetampura. They did not stop the vehicle. Instead they opened fire and pelted stones at us. We also retaliated. One of the criminals was killed," he said.
Four other alleged criminals were also injured in the incident and were admitted to hospital. Some others managed to flee.
A policeman was injured in the firing incident while some others in the stone pelting by criminals.
On January 15 night, four policemen were injured and two police vehicles damaged in outer Delhi when a group of criminals from Haryana`s Mewat region opened fire and pelted stones at personnel who were chasing them. The gang was fleeing in a mini truck after stealing animals.
They opened fire at the police party in their attempt to dodge arrests. In retaliation, police personnel too fired at them, police said today. Nobody was injured in the firing incident but four policemen were injured in stone pelting.
Police could not arrest the criminals, who abandoned the mini-truck in Narela, but managed to rescue the some of the stolen animals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India