Suspected LeT men accused in Delhi blast acquitted
New Delhi: A suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant arrested for allegedly planning to execute bomb blasts here was on Saturday acquitted by a Delhi court.
Mukhtar Ahmed Khan, arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in June, 2007, with 1.5 kg explosives was acquitted by Additional Sessions Judge S S Rathi as the prosecution failed to prove its case.
Mukhtar was arrested on June 12, 2007, from Azadpur Sabzi Mandi in north Delhi with 1.5 kilograms of RDX, a timer and two detonators.
The prosecution case was that he had come to Delhi at the behest of LeT commander Abu Alqama based in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) and Abu Musab alias Tahir and Abu Hamza, the district commanders of LeT in Srinagar.
The prosecution had also alleged the explosives seized from him were meant to cause bomb blasts in Delhi at the behest of LeT commander Abu Alqama and that Mukhtar was supposed to hand over the explosives to another LeT operative in Delhi before taking the bus to Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in