Suspected Mewati gang open fires at PCR vans; none injured
New Delhi: A suspected Mewati gang fleeing in a pick up truck opened fire at PCR vans when they started chasing them in South Delhi, police said Thursday.
However, no one was injured in the incident which took place last night, they said.
According to police, they received information about a rashly driven Mahindra pick up truck which had hit some vehicles on Mathura Road and had also broken barricades.
A message was flashed on the wireless sets and cops at picket points were informed. Some policemen tried to stop the vehicle at the red light in New Friend`s Colony but when it did not stop and moved towards Kalindi Kunj, PCR vans started chasing it, police said.
As three PCR vans chased the pick up truck, its occupant fired in the air in order to threaten the policemen. Cops also retaliated by firing shots in the air. The accused, however, managed to flee, they said.
Police has registered a case under relevant sections at Sarita Vihar police station.
Investigators suspect the role of some Mewati Gang or liquor mafia in the incident.
The vehicle is yet to be verified. Further investigations are underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen