Suspended IAS couple`s property worth over Rs 2 cr
New Delhi: Suspended IAS couple Arvind and Tinoo Joshi`s property stands at a little over Rs 2 crore, according to their latest immovable property returns submitted to the Central government.
The 1979 batch officers of Madhya Pradesh cadre hogged the news after the Income Tax department raided their residence in February, 2010 and unearthed assets valued at Rs 360 crore.
Arvind has declared properties worth Rs one crore in his name which included 1.21 acres of agriculture land under Bhopal district and a Super HIG flat (present value Rs 60 lakh) in New Delhi`s Dwarka locality.
Tinoo possess 3.97 acres of agriculture land worth about Rs 1.20 crore in Secunderabad village under Huzur Tehsil of Bhopal, as per the IPR for 2011 submitted by them.
The Joshis are under suspension over recovery of alleged illegal wealth from their possession. The Madhya Pradesh government has also recommended dismissal of both the officers from the service to the Centre.
On the other hand, there are about 246 IAS officers who have not submitted their mandatory property returns to the Ministry of Personnel here. Of these, 167 officers have not submitted their IPRs for 2010 and 79 for 2011, according to latest data given on the website of Department of Personnel and Training.
The total sanctioned strength of IAS is 6,154, including 1,885 promotion posts. Of these, 4,377 officers are in position.
An all-India service officer is bound to file property returns of a year by January end of the following year, failing which promotion and empanelment to senior level postings may be denied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note