Suspended Kalmadi put on roster duty
New Delhi: Suspended Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi was put on roster duty by the party in the Budget session of Parliament which began on Monday, but the CPP later dubbed the lapse as a "clerical error."
Party Chief Whip Girija Vyas had sent the circular about roster duty to party MPs including Kalmadi asking them to ensure good presence at all times in Parliament.
Later, Vyas termed the mistake as "clerical error". Congress had in April last year suspended Kalamdi from the party soon after the arrest of the Lok Sabha member from Pune in connection with alleged irregularities in the conduct of the Commonwealth Games.
Kalmadi was formerly Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chairman. The Games were the biggest international sporting event which India hosted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone