Swiss gang-rape victim`s statement recorded
Datia: Swiss woman, who was allegedly gang-raped in a forest area near Datia town in March, Tuesday gave her statement before a special Commission in Delhi.
Since the victim was unable to come to Datia to take part in the court proceedings, a Commission headed by Metropolitan Magistrate of Patiala House Court, Akash Jain was appointed specially for recording the victim`s statement.
The Commission went to the Swiss Embassy in New Delhi for the purpose and recorded her statement.
The six accused appeared in the case through video conference facility from Datia Collectorate`s NIC chamber, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Chambal Range, DK Arya said.
Government pleader and the advocates of the victim as well as the accused were also present in a special room for conducting the court proceedings.
The victim narrated her ordeal and also replied to the questions put to her by lawyers of the accused.
The Datia police have filed a 100-page chargesheet against six accused in a local court, for allegedly gang raping a Swiss woman on March 16 in a forest area near Datia town, the police said.
The trial in the case began from March 30.
The 38-year-old rape victim from Switzerland was on her way to Agra from Orchha on a bicycle tour with her companion, when the incident occurred.
The Swiss national and her companion were camping in the open near a forest area on her way to Agra when about half-a-dozen armed men gang raped her, manhandled her companion and looted their valuables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal