Swiss visa centres in ten more cities
New Delhi: Applying for visa for Switzerland
will become easier as Swiss visa application centres (VAC) will soon be opened in 10 more cities.
The VACs would be opened at Chandigarh, Kolkata, Cochin,
Jalandhar, Chennai, Pondicherry, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Pune
and Hyderabad, in addition to the existing VACs in New Delhi
"Switzerland and VFS Global have partnered to open
branches of Swiss Visa Application Centres (VACs) in 10 cities
across India," a statement from Swiss Embassy said today.
Switzerland-appointed VFS Global for outsourcing started
its visa application processing services in Delhi in November
2007 and subsequently in Mumbai in August 2008.
"The opening of these VACs will strengthen our endeavours
and strong will to intensify people-to-people contact through
travel. 76,700 visas were issued to Indians travelling to
Switzerland in the year 2011 while the figures for 2010 stand
at 61,686," said Kurt Gruter, Acting Head of Visa section,
Embassy of Switzerland, in the statement.
The VACs would collect visa applications and, if
necessary, arrange an interview with the Swiss Embassy in New
Delhi or the Consulate General in Mumbai.
The partnership would be a pilot project and is limited
to two years, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter