Take stand in favour of battery-operated rickshaws: BJP to LG
New Delhi: Delhi BJP today urged LG Najeeb Jung to effectively present the view of Delhi Government before the court in favour of battery-operated rickshaws in the national capital.
In a letter to the LG, Delhi BJP president Harsh Vardhan said he should foil the conspiracy to ban the service of battery-operated rickshaw in the city.
"Service of battery operated rickshaws started about two years ago in Delhi. At present, there are one lakh such rickshaws on the roads of Delhi. It has provided livelihood to more than one lakh unemployed persons. Some vested interest and `corrupt persons` in the administration do not want this service to continue," Vardhan said.
The BJP leader also alleged that "such persons" have hatched a conspiracy to deprive livelihood of lakhs of families by presenting fabricated facts before the court.
"After the introduction of battery rickshaws, the Public Transport System has become more convenient in the national capital following which its service should not be stopped," he said.
Vardhan, who is a BJP candidate from Chandni Chowk Lok Sabha constituency, alleged that even traffic police wanted a ban on operation of battery rickshaws.
"He should look into this matter from humanitarian point of view and its potential to create employment in the national Capital," Vardhan also said in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly