Take test for promotional benefits: CAT to DDA
New Delhi: A group of promoted stenographers
of DDA have been asked by the Central Administrative Tribunal
to cast aside their fear of test and appear in the one held
by the department to avail benefits of Assured Career
Progression (ACP) Scheme.
The stenographers had approached the tribunal saying they
have been denied benefits under the ACP scheme adopted by
DDA for its employees, though it has been given to those who
were directly appointed to the post.
The DDA, however, argued that the benefit of the ACP is
given only to those employees who fulfill all promotional
norms, including passing the stenography test at the speed of
100 words per minute.
The applicants, however, had never appeared for the
periodic departmental tests for stenographers, the DDA said.
"Since the applicants are working as stenographers and
have acquired long experience in that line it should not be
difficult for them to clear the test. We do not understand the
reasons for their hesitation in appearing for the test," said
the CAT`s bench of its members AK Mishra (Administrative) and
Meera Chhibber (Judicial).
The tribunal also directed DDA to "arrange for a test
within one month from the (CAT`s) order and grant the benefits
of the ACP to those applicants who clear the test."
The applicants said they were initially appointed as
junior stenographers, but were re-designated as stenographers
on the a high court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone